Ian McKenzie has a post that examines a number of different Desktop Blogging Clients – he manages seven blogs with Blogger, WordPress, MovableType and Thingamablog and is looking for a client with the following features:
- The ability to post to multiple blog clients and handle multiple accounts.
- Another important feature is the ease of creating and editing posts. Does the software have wysiwyg editing, with the ability to easily tweak the underlying code? Or, is it only HTML editing?
- How easy is it to upload and link to or display files, particularly image files?
- Can I easily add an alt attribute when uploading and inserting image files?
- Can I easily add a title attribute when creating a link?
- Does the software allow me to easily add social tags, either Technorati or del.icio.us.
Ian takes a look at BlogJet, ecto (I use the Mac version of this), Qumana, wBloggar and Thingamablog. I’ll let you head over to check his results but would be interested to hear what desktop blogging clients you use – if any. Feel free to share what you use in comments below.