Today ProBlogger turns 1 year old. Despite its 1465 posts it’s only a baby still.
I thought I’d do the normal celebratory thing and post a list of the 20 most popular posts from the last year (in no particular order). Feel free to nominate your favorite ProBlogger moments/posts/series in comments below if you’re in the mood for a little ProBlogger celebration also.
- Blogging for Dollars – One of the posts that started me off on the ProBlogging journey. While it appears here on this blog on 23 September it was actually written a couple of years ago on one of my other blogs and transferred here (as were quite a few of my first posts).
- Adsense Tips for Bloggers Series - Another older series of posts – popular in search engines but also because its up there at the top of my blog
- Monkey Bar Blogging - A post about not racing into ProBlogging full time without making sure you’ve got something to keep you going first (I send people to this post every week)
- 2005 Business Underblogger Awards – a Meme I ran earlier this year to highlight some of the less popular but great quality business blogs going around (it’ll be an anual award that I run)
- Positioning Your Adsense Ads – Very popular post – along with the whole Adsense category on this blog
- How Much Do I Earn from Blogging - This is a summary post that links to some of my posts talking about my earnings levels – they’d have to be among the most popular posts on the whole blog.
- How the Most Highly Visited Blogs Earn Money – An analysis of some of the most popular blogs going around and how they generate some amazing amounts of cold hard cash.
- Search Engine Optimization for Blogs – Basic Solid tips on how to get your blog climbing the Search Engines
- The Importance of Title Tags in Search Engine Optimization – Amazing how simple tips can have an impact – I got a lot of positive feedback from this one.
- One Blog Many Categories or Many Blogs? – This topic always generates a lot of discussion – we’ve talked about it numerous times on ProBlogger and it always causes controversy.
- What’s wrong with Blogging? – What happens when you give bloggers an opportunity to tell each other what they don’t like about blogging? An interesting conversation happens.
- 10 Tips for Using Affiliate Programs on your Blog – As the header say – going beyond Adsense and BlogAds to affiliate programs.
- Blogging in Formation – Lessons from a Goose - One of my famous (or should that be infamous) ‘tangent posts’ about being like Geese with our blogging.
- Principles of Choosing a Profitable Blog Topic - Another post that caused some ripples.
- Converting One off Visitors to your Blog into Regular Readers – A post I often refer people to that goes beyond attracting people to your blog to examining how to keep them there.
- 31 Days to building a Better Blog – A recent meme that generated some of the best posts I’ve ever seen on blogging – most of which were written on readers blogs.
- Blog Case Study – Is it Time to Quit? – I was surprised by how many people jumped onto this case study of a blogger who was quitting blogging and why he failed.
- Strategic Blogging – part of the 31 Days series that generated a lot of interest.
- Generate a High Quantity of Content Series - an older series of posts on increasing your post numbers.
- Declaring War on Blog Apathy – another 31 Days series that actually helped me out of a bit of a blogging slump that I was in at the time.
I want to finish this post by saying that ProBlogger is the blog I’m most proud of – I enjoy it so much. A massive part of my love for it is the community that has been forming here. While the above posts might have been popular – what I’m most proud of about the blog is the collective wisdom and community spirit that I sense. I am continually getting feedback from readers that comments from other readers and friendships with other readers have helped them so much in their blogger – this is what it’s all about.
Here’s to another year with more of the same!