Lifehacker has a good guide to weblog comments with the following tips:
- Stay on topic.
- Contribute new information to the discussion.
- Don’t comment for the sake of commenting.
- Know when to comment and when to e-mail.
- Remember that nobody likes a know-it-all.
- Make the tone of your message clear.
- Own your comment.
- Be succinct.
- Cite your sources with links or inline quoting.
- Be courteous.
- Don’t post when you’re angry, upset, drunk or emotional.
- Do not feed or tease the trolls.
What would you add or subtract from the list?