Recently I’ve met a number of Melbourne Bloggers who are interested in learning how to make a living from their blogging. I’m excited about this as it’d be nice to have a few local blogging buddies to get together with to share ideas – work together on projects and become friends with.
Most of those who want to get into Entrepreneurial Blogging are personal bloggers or are just starting out with adding Adsense or affiliate programs to their blogs and have been asking for tips and advice.
Rather than meeting each of them one on one or chatting via Instant Messenger I’m toying with the idea of running an introductory evening seminar into Entrepreneurial Blogging – (Blogging for Dollars).
This night would probably run for 2.5 – 3 hours (7pm – 9.30pm for instance) and it would be in a central location (probably in inner northern suburbs).
I would charge a small amount per person to attend to cover my preparation time. The amount of $50(ish) is in my mind for some reason – does that sound reasonable? I believe the content would be worth more than this in a business setting but want to make it accessible to the blogger just starting out who isn’t making much from their blogs yet.
The evening would be for those who already have an understanding of blogging (ie I wouldn’t be explaining the basics of ‘what is a blog’, ‘how do I post a post’ etc) but who are at the beginning of their journey of making money from their blogs.
Topics Covered Would include :
- Niche Blogging
- How to choose a profitable topic for my blog
- Income streams – what are the options (from affiliate programs, to advertising to other forms of income)
- Introduction to Adsense (with my top ten tips for optimizing your Adsense ads)
- Finding Readers – techniques to increase the readership of your blog (including some basic Search Engine Optimization Tips).
- Common Mistakes of Entrepreneurial Bloggers
- Finding Content
- Tools for ProBloggers – a description of my workflow and some of the tools that the Pros are using.
There would of course be time for questions and answers and I’d attempt to use as many examples of different approaches to ProBlogging as possible. In many ways it would be a live, collated and condensed version of this blog. The blogging community in Melbourne isn’t huge so I’m thinking it would be a reasonably intimate gathering where everyone would get a chance to participate.
Are you interested in attending? I’m seeking expressions of interest at this point to gauge whether it is something worth working on – so if you’re in Melbourne (or are willing to come here for it) leave a comment or shoot me an email to express your interest.
If you are not in Melbourne and you would like to participate there are two options for being involved:
- you could fly my to where you are for your own mini seminar with some of your blogging friends (ok I’m dreaming here – but get enough mates together and its possible)
- if enough of you are interested I could record the session and offer it as a downloadable podcast/teleseminar type product. Again I’d be hoping to keep the cost down to make it accessible for as many as possible.