The average person only comprehends 60% of what they read. How much do you comprehend?.
To ensure your reader ‘gets’ what you’re saying you need to make it clear by using some of the following techniques.
- Use simple language. Avoid technical jargon.
- Don’t introduce too many ideas in one post. You can always add another post later.
- Start your entry with your main point in the first paragraph. Better still, incorporate it in your title. (This can also bring more traffic through search engine referrals)
- Find creative ways to reinforce your main point throughout your post.
- Use visual aids like bold, CAPITALS, italics, underlining, teletext and to emphasize points. Don’t go overboard as you run the risk of frustrating your reader. Also consider changing font size, color and style to draw your readers eyes to your main points.
- Utilize headings, lists and borders to break down the your post into more manageable chunks.
Keep your postings simple and you have more chance of communicating your main message effectively. Share your tips below.