Search Engine Guide has an interesting post on – what you can learn about writing web copy from Infomercials. Whilst I’m not really sure I’d want my blogs to look too much like the infomercials we get here in Australia (they tend to be a laughing stock and very tacky) perhaps there is something to be learned. Here are the main points written about in the article. What do you think?
- Define The Problem.
- Deliver Your Solution.
- Explain the Benefits, Not Just the Features.
- Have a USP, or a Reason Your Company is Different.
- Use Calls to Action Liberally Throughout the Copy.
- Repeat the Key Phrases Frequently.
- Target Your Audience for Best Results.