I wish I were able to get to BloggerCon III – the Making Money session sounds particularly interesting as reported on PaidContent.org. Here are a few of the quotes that they quote that I find of most interest:
– “One sure way to make money — provide infrastructure to people like me.”
– to make money from Google, “try to be as small and niche-like as possible.”
– Dave Winer wants to know why we’re talking about nickels and dimes instead of the real money that can be made by creating business because of your blog, with people you meet through the blog, with ideas that bubble up through the blog? He says he flips hundreds of thousands of dollars through his blog.
– An author says he can make twice as much referring his book through Amazon then from the royalty.
– “If you want to make money from blogging maybe it’s not your personal blog that’s going to do it.”
Read more at PaidContent.org’s coverage of BloggerCon III