Digital Future Report 2004 (PDF) is a very useful report for anyone working online. Its full of useful research including the following tidbits:
- In the past year of the study numbers of those accessing the web in the US continued to rise (now around 75%).
- The average US web user is online 12.5 hours per week (up from 9.4% in 2000)
- Over 75% of Net users are 55 years or under.
- 66% (approx) have home internet access.
- the number of adults who bought online increased slightly over the previous year; the annual number of purchases continues to increase, and the average dollars spent online by adult buyers dipped slightly.