One of the most important decisions you can make when it comes to designing your website is to think about your colour scheme. One of the more useful articles I’ve read on this topic is Choosing Colour for your Website
‘For most people, colour is something taken for granted. It is all around us. Yet, when we come to use colour, in paintings, in design, in our furnishings and clothes we often make mistakes because we don’t understand what is going on.
Some people will say that this colour goes with that colour and that “blue and green should never be seen.” They will even try to make up complex tables and formulae for combining colours in pleasing ways. I’m not going to do that!’
Its nice to read a site on the topic that actually uses colour beautifully in their writing. If you want to think more about the colour of your blog you might aslo want to check out some of the following colourful resources.
– Web Accessibility – Part 3 – Type and Colour – a good article that talks about colour from a perspective of colour blindness and visual impairments.
– Choosing The Perfect Colors for Your Web Site – Good Advice.
– – Moregood advice.
– Jonas Web Web Design – Colour Wheel – an online tool for choosing colours.
– – complete with colour wheels and loads of practical advice.
– Choosing The Perfect Colors for Your Web Site – 6 simple tips.
– How to Choose Website Colors – The Psychology of Color and Internet Marketing.
– How to Choose Your Web Site Colors – Perhaps the most colourless website in this collection of useful sites about colour.
– Color Scheme Adviser – An interesting online tool that suggests what colour goes with what.