Thanks for attending the Anthill Magazine webinar – I hope you found it to be useful.
Of course there’s a lot more to blogging than we could cover in an hour long session so I’ve put together some resources for you here that you may find useful depending upon your blogging goals.
5 Resources I use and Recommend
- WordPress.org – the blogging platform that I use (free, but you’ll need to register a domain and have your own hosting. It’s always the #1 ranked blogging platform among our readers when we survey them.
- Studio Press Themes – looking for a good blog design/theme that is well optimized for search engines and secure? I use these themes. They come with excellent support and lots of ways to customize them.
- Aweber Newsletter Provider – email newsletters are a major strategy in my business that not only drives a lot of traffic but drives a lot of sales too. I use Aweber to manage my email lists and send these emails every week.
- Google Analytics – I can’t believe it is free. This statistics/metrics package is so powerful and will tell you all you need to know about who is reading your blog and how they’re using it.
- Scribe – a search engine optimization tool for WordPress (and other blog platforms) users. If you want to rank high in the search engines this will not only help you but teach you how to do it better yourself.
eBooks (30% off for Anthill Webinar Attendees)
For the next couple of weeks I’m offering a 30% discount to Anthill Magazine readers on all ProBlogger eBooks. To get the 30% discount simply use the code ‘Anthill’ during the checkout process. Here are the eBooks:
- ProBlogger’s Guide to Blogging for your Business – written by small business owner Mark Hayward this eBook is probably going to be most relevant for those of you with existing businesses looking to launch a blog to support them. It is a practical guide that will walk you through everything from setting your blog up, to thinking about your objectives, developing a content strategy, finding readers and much more.
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog – for all types of blogs this eBook gives you 31 days of teaching and activities to do to enliven your blog if it is a little tired or in need of some rejuvenation. The 2nd edition of this eBook launches tonight so if you wait til tomorrow that will be available – it’s all brand new and updated for 2012.
- ProBlogger’s Guide to Your First Week of Blogging – this eBook is designed for those who’ve just set up their blog but are looking for what to do with it in their first week. Designed for the beginner you’ll learn some key techniques and strategies that will get your blog off to a flying start.
- The Blogger’s Guide to Online Marketing – this kit is designed for those wanting to make money directly FROM their blog rather than those looking to support an existing business. It’s a comprehensive look at designing your business model and developing strategies for profitable blogging.
- The Copywriting Scorecard for Bloggers – this last eBook is all about developing content for your blog that serves your readers, reads well and ranks well in search engines.
Lastly – if you want a good general introduction to blogging – check out the ProBlogger Book (a real hard cover book) which I co-authored with Chris Garrett.