If converting traffic to subscribers is high on your list of priorities, you won’t want to miss today’s episode of the ProBlogger podcast, where I chat with “Conversion Educator” Tim Paige of LeadPages.
Getting better conversions on our websites is something I think bloggers really need to know, and Tim certainly doesn’t hold back! Even if you don’t use LeadPages as a landing site for your blog, you can really get something out of this conversation. Tim discusses what he calls his “Reverse Value Bomb” and strategies to get more opt-ins on your site (including a section about content upgrades – one of the best-converting strategies you can have).
From emerging trends in online marketing we need to be paying attention to, to creating an optimised landing page in five minutes, there is a ton of value in this episode, including a special offer for ProBlogger readers.
Landing Pages for Bloggers
I love this episode for many reasons – Tim gives us a fantastic insight into what LeadPages the company has learned in the last few years, Tim’s unexpected career background, how networking snagged him the Conversion Educator role, and Tim’s answers to your listener questions. We had so much to talk about in so little time!
- What landing pages are and why they’re useful for bloggers
- What the benefits of LeadPages are over plain WordPress pages
- What opt-ins are and why you need them
- The elements of a successful home page
- LeadPages tools like LeadBoxes, LeadDigits and LeadLinks
- Content upgrade ideas
- Examples of successful landing pages
- What you can use LeadPages or landing pages in general for (even if you think you’ve not got much to offer)
- How LeadPages can help market research and product launches
Value Bomb Reverse Landing Page
Sounds confusing, and maybe even counterproductive, but it’s actually super useful – you create something of massive value, with tons of content, that takes a long time to create – but it is a huge lead generator for years to come.
Tim talks about examples of pages that work, what kinds of content are the most successful, how to add video to enhance your value bomb, and how to take the next steps in the journey – webinars, courses, followups, etc, that will hook your readers in and keep them there.
Common Mistakes Bloggers Make with Landing Pages
It’s bound to happen – there are as many landing pages to have as there are bloggers, but over time the best strategies emerge.
We talk about the kinds of things you should definitely avoid if you’re hoping to convert your readers into raving fans, from having no offer at all to keyword-stuffing – a huge no-no!
The Next Thing for Marketers
Tim also goes into what he thinks will be popular in the near future, after seeing the amazing things that marketers are doing online – things like how list segmentation can be fantastic, unique strategies for canvassing your readers, how to control the frequency of emails according to reader preference (even if they’re all different), and how to ascertain what those preferences are.
LeadPages Offer for ProBlogger Readers
If you sign up for any annual two-year plan at LeadPages here (disclosure: we are an affiliate for LeadPages), you automatically receive these bonuses:
- Custom Designed One Page Resource Guide Lead Magnet ($197 value)
- The Landing Page Course ($500 value)
- The Webinar 2.0 Course ($197 value)
- The Pre-sell Formula ($997 value) – program that tells you how to build a list, research and pre-sell a product before it is created
- Special Darren Rowse opt-in Template
Special offer ends on March 31st, so you better hurry.
You can see our new opt-in using LeadPages here.
The team at LeadPages created a template for us and we edited it ourselves. You can do the same with access to our drag and drop template if you sign up using our exclusive LeadPages offer.