Welcome to August.
I thought I’d take this opportunity to walk back down memory lane to what was happening on this blog a year ago today.
August 2005 was a special month at ProBlogger as I launched my first month long series with these words:
“Starting Monday I’m going to turn up the ‘Blog Tips’ volume to 11 and am going to attempt to vomit onto you everything I know about how to make your blog better.”
The month was a pretty amazing experience. I wrote my little heart out and also received a lot of submissions from readers to be included in the project.
Over the course of the month I covered a lot of ground including:
- When is it Time to Go Pro as a Blogger?
- There’s a Hole in my Blog – Holistic Blogging
- Getting inside Your Blog Reader’s Mind
- Converting One off Visitors to Your Blog into Regular Readers
- Strategic Blogging (a mini series – collated into one post)
- Declaring War on Blogger Apathy (another mini series collated into one post)
- Search Engine Optimization for Bloggers (another series)
- Email Newsletter Tips for Bloggers
- 10 Tips for Using Affiliate Programs on your Blog
All in all I wrote 47 tips over the month and readers submitted 169 tips. You can see the complete collection of links to all 216 tips at:
I thought I’d post a link back to this project for a number of reasons.
Firstly, it was so much work and I often look back at it and feel sad that it just languishes away in archives.
Secondly, I’m proud of it. While the series almost killed me I had a very satisfied feeling by the end as I looked back at what we’d done together. It must be one of the most comprehensive collections of blog tips and tutorials on the web.
Thirdly, since last August the readership of ProBlogger has doubled and I know that many of you were not around when the series took place. Most of what was written last August is still relevant for bloggers today – hopefully in linking back to it readers will find a few undiscovered gems.