One of the sessions that I enjoyed most at Blog World Expo (actually it was one of the few sessions I actually was able to get to) was a keynote by Gary Vaynerchuck.
While I’m sure he rubs some up the wrong way his tips on building a successful blog (and business) were refreshingly honest, entertaining and inspiring. Here are 13 snippets/quotes of his keynote that I thought were ‘tweet worthy’.
- “answer every single email and every single comment on your blog’ for the rest of your FREAKING life.”
- “content is king but marketing is queen and the queen runs the household”
- “you have to go to every meetup you can possible go to”
- “pump out content – if you don’t produce something every day you’ll be out hustled”
- “‘Hustle – you have to work your face off.”
- “you need eyeballs – the easiest way to do this is to become part of the community”
- “induce conversation at every turn for the rest of your life”
- “your job is to create a connection”
- “be you and be every flaw”
- “it’s about putting up good content, creating conversation and spend 10% of your time working out how to make money”
- “if you’re not good at monetizing, get a bus partner that can.” do what u do & bring in others who can do the other stuff.”
- “if you’re a shy guy – become the greatest shy guy on earth”
- “don’t drink hatorade”
PS: here’s some video of the session courtesy of David Peralty (note: it does contain some language so proceed with caution if you’re easily offended or are in a work environment).